• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Working our way to Lancaster, PA – what to eat in Amish Country!

Took us quite a few hours to get home. Stops along the way to pick up a supply of Cabot Cheddar for smoking - and decided to hit Trader Joe's in Rochester since we hadn't used up our entire duty free entitlement.

We had a bite in the cafe attached to Wegman's in Rochester.

DSCN1093.jpg

DSCN1094.jpg

Beef dips - Anna's differed only in having provolone.

DSCN1095.jpg

Zucchini bits - note the calamari in the background.

DSCN1097.jpg

Onion rings.

Altogether way too much fried food - not sitting well even now.

When will Trader Joe's open in Canada? That's the one place I really really miss here.

Here! Here! but would it be like an American Trader Joe's? Have you tried Longo's? Some of their stuff is pretty Trader Joe's-like. Well, sort of...

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

Took us quite a few hours to get home. Stops along the way to pick up a supply of Cabot Cheddar for smoking - and decided to hit Trader Joe's in Rochester since we hadn't used up our entire duty free entitlement.

We had a bite in the cafe attached to Wegman's in Rochester.

attachicon.gifDSCN1093.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN1094.jpg

Beef dips - Anna's differed only in having provolone.

attachicon.gifDSCN1095.jpg

Zucchini bits - note the calamari in the background.

attachicon.gifDSCN1097.jpg

Onion rings.

Altogether way too much fried food - not sitting well even now.

Wish I'd known you were going to be stopping, as I would have joined you for sure!

MelissaH

Oswego, NY

Chemist, writer, hired gun

Say this five times fast: "A big blue bucket of blue blueberries."

foodblog1 | kitchen reno | foodblog2

Wish I'd known you were going to be stopping, as I would have joined you for sure!

It was a last minute decision and after we made it we realized we didn't have your phone number.

There was a pretty signifigant developer in Lancaster who spent alot of effort trying to get Trader Joe's to locate here. they even built a space in the development just for them. It never hapended as they did not like the market I was told. So, there may be one in Canada before there is one here.

I think Wegmans cafe is a good place to eat. Always enjoy it there.

A road trip with Kerry and Anna would certainly leave nobody hungry.