• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Kerry Beal

Help for a Couple of Cocktail Novices (Part 2)

IMG_1017.jpg

The Choke Artist - suggested on the drinks thread. Just made a half - back to being a lightweight after not drinking much for a while.

Tri2Cook   

How was that one? I added it to my "drinks to try" list after seeing it in the drinks thread but haven't got to it yet. One of these days I'm going to have to quit adding to that list or start drinking more. It's getting ridiculously long.

• Like 1

I quite enjoyed it - went for that one because I needed to open the sherry for a chocolate project.

IMG_1156.jpg

Paper Plane tonight.  It would appear I haven't been taking my drinking seriously enough lately!

Couple of recent drinks - 

IMG_1180.jpg

Got a nice new Tequila that a Canadian fellow and a couple of his Australian friends have been making in Mexico. Story here.  So made a Maximilian Affair.  

IMG_1186.jpg

Tonight - Dutch Tulip - using a genever like gin and my home made vermouth.  

• Like 1

Kerry, I think there's something wrong with posting to a thread that has the phrase "cocktail novices" in the title when the post includes the phrase "homemade vermouth."  :wink:

• Like 3

IMG_1198.jpg

An adulterated VPB Daiquari - used white rum - got a new bottle from the SAQ in Quebec (thanks Alleguede) and needed to try it in something!

Rafa   

Enjoy the white Barbancourt! I love the fresh lychee note. 

Your guess is as good as mine!

A daquiri variation using St. Germaine from the St. Germaine website. But if VPB has a specific meaning (I suppose it must?) then it is a mystery to me as well!

rotuts   

I must confess :  im a plain wino.  gave up daquiri's eons ago.  dont miss them.

but I throughly enjoy the pics of the 'Drinks Tables' here:

you know, a little dark, a little smoky, a little clubby   etc

thanks for those.

a little Piano Bar muzak in the background   etc   etc