• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Help for a Couple of Cocktail Novices (Part 2)

Kerry Beal

IMG_1017.jpg

The Choke Artist - suggested on the drinks thread. Just made a half - back to being a lightweight after not drinking much for a while.

How was that one? I added it to my "drinks to try" list after seeing it in the drinks thread but haven't got to it yet. One of these days I'm going to have to quit adding to that list or start drinking more. It's getting ridiculously long.

• Like 1

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Couple of recent drinks - 

IMG_1180.jpg

Got a nice new Tequila that a Canadian fellow and a couple of his Australian friends have been making in Mexico. Story here.  So made a Maximilian Affair.  

IMG_1186.jpg

Tonight - Dutch Tulip - using a genever like gin and my home made vermouth.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_1198.jpg

An adulterated VPB Daiquari - used white rum - got a new bottle from the SAQ in Quebec (thanks Alleguede) and needed to try it in something!

Enjoy the white Barbancourt! I love the fresh lychee note. 

DrunkLab.tumblr.com

”In Demerara some of the rum producers have a unique custom of placing chunks of raw meat in the casks to assist in aging, to absorb certain impurities, and to add a certain distinctive character.” -Peter Valaer, "Foreign and Domestic Rum," 1937

Your guess is as good as mine!

A daquiri variation using St. Germaine from the St. Germaine website. But if VPB has a specific meaning (I suppose it must?) then it is a mystery to me as well!

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man. ~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...

~tanstaafl2

I must confess :  im a plain wino.  gave up daquiri's eons ago.  dont miss them.

but I throughly enjoy the pics of the 'Drinks Tables' here:

you know, a little dark, a little smoky, a little clubby   etc

thanks for those.

a little Piano Bar muzak in the background   etc   etc  

• 3 years later...