• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Trader Joe's Products (2012–2015)

Katie Meadow

• 4 weeks later...

Joe seem to have a Blue Goat's milk cheese.

delicious. have to like both Goat and blue cheese

might be new. its a 'featured Jan. " item, whatever that means.

I'll need to check that out...thanks for the tip. Blue Goats cheese.....this is cheese from Blue Goats? LOL.... Sounds delish, I may pick some up today. Todd in Chicago

Im not a fan of bottled salad dressings: too much salt, and over priced.

Joe's greek style feta on the other hand is a keeper: tried it on a whole grain tortilla (warmed up) with spinach, them some dressing and rolled up.

this is a keeper for me.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a few new goodies that I liked... They just started selling a Kona Coffee shortbread -- coffee both in the shortbread base as well as in the thin icing that they are half-dipped in. Yum. Also good were the mini mint-chocolate-chip ice cream sandwiches! Tasty and made a great snack -- I could have just one and be satisfied...

And for those of you who haven't tried their smoked herring -- do it! So good -- try a smoked herring, avocado, and arugala sandwich with lemon juice on ciabatta -- heaven!

Em

the smoked herring I have from Joe is tinned. it's as described above and delicious. they also have mighty fine tinned trout, i'm out of that and as I recall its not smoked.

they had picked herring in the cold case (jared) in the past and I used to love it. they haven't had that in a long time which it too bad as it was one of my favorites.

maybe they have something new in the cold case I've missed.

Been looking to reduce my salt intake, and a few days ago I discovered TJ's 21 Seasoning Salute. Yesterday I tried it in a cauliflower soup I made and really liked it. The only other similar product I've tried was from Mrs. Dash, and I like the TJ's product a lot more. If you're looking for something like this, TJ's is definitely worth a try. It's got a nice little bite to it.

http://www.traderjoes.com/fearless-flyer/article.asp?article_id=539

... Shel

Ive been using the 21 for several years. I also have dramatically reduced my sodium intake. after a period of time using less salt

things you didnt realize were over salted are actually painful in your mouth.

Penzys

http://www.penzeys.com/

has a lot of fantastic no salt stuff.

I've been looking through the no salt items at Penzys - a couple of them are of interest. Thanks for the tip!

... Shel

The Penzy 's salt free Caravan of Flavor is great. That's not quite the right name, but I'm not at home to check... It's a citrus and herb blend, that goes great on tuna salad, smoked fish, broccoli or anything that you'd use lemon on.

"Commit random acts of senseless kindness"

Recently Toots bought a package of Trader Joe's Roasted Vegetable Multi-Grain Lasagna which we tried last night. We were disappointed. There was a dearth of vegetables. The flavor of the sauce was acceptable, and the noodles were OK ... the item definitely needs more veggies.

... Shel

Edited by Shel_B (log)

... Shel

At the check-out stand tonight I noticed bags of dried kimchi labeled as a snack & condiment. I did not pick it up but am tempted. Has anyone tried it?

Trader Joe's Roasted Vegetable Multi-Grain Lasagna

did you take it back? thats how they get feedback.

No, I didn't. Totally forgot about it ... your reminder will make it less likely that I'll forget again. Thanks!

... Shel

... Shel

at least tell them that and that you forgot to keep the 'wrapper' my place knows me well and would give me credit.

yours? ????

I've alway brought them something, even if only an empty can or box. I've never tried just telling them about a product I didn't like.

... Shel

... Shel