• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Guy Fieri stakes a claim in Las Vegas

I suppose it was only a matter of time, maybe a sign of the times. While the celebration of the landing of the Four French Masters is but a distant memory, (yet Ducasse, Gagnaire, Robuchon and Savoy still endure), the economics and state of cuisine in Las Vegas, (if you can call it that), has reached somewhat of a low with this unsurprising news:

http://www.delish.com/food/recalls-reviews/guy-fieri-to-open-first-restaurant-on-las-vegas-strip?src=soc_fcbks

As Las Vegas struggles to come out of this long-suffering economic malaise, Caesar's doesn't do serious foodies any favors. May the tourists fight each other at the trough of Fieri.

I've only been to Vegas once, but I say we give Guy the keys to the city. Hell, make him the mayor. A thin veneer of cool, shrouding a vacuous tradition of fraud could be the best match Vegas has found yet.

That pretty much describes the last mayor, Oscar Goodman!

• 3 years later...

Looks like a mess to eat.

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

3 hours ago, Smithy said:

Looks like a mess to eat.

... or to feed to the dogs/coons after fishing the jalapenos out.

I like crispy nachos, but if one doesn't, I can't think of a better way to treat them than to cram layers of crispy chips into a can (of course breaking the chips up with this action) adding hot ingredients and letting it all sit in the can on the pass for a while until a server picks it up. It gets extra steam time on the way to the table to be disgorged. :D

• Like 1

> ^ . . ^ <