• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blbst36

blbst36

@blue_dolphin - thanks for all the wonderful information!  I'm definitely pre-slicing the meat, but I may leave the cheese as is for transport.  It looks so pretty!  Oooh, an apple might be a tasty addition.  I'll have to see what's at the store.  I was going to get some bliueberries anyways for baking.  I can take a few and see if I like it.  I like dried berries, but not much of any other dried fruit.  Is there something special about Marcona almonds?  I'd never heard of them until reading the label.  I'm so excited!

It is actually just me eating this :$.   To be honest, it's going to be my lunch on my last day of camping this weekend xD 

There was one package that had some sheep's cheese in it, but it had pepper spread in it and I really wanted to try the fig spread.  There was another that had a little container of what, I assume, was soft cheese.  It's a fun thing to experiment with and I'm glad I saw it.  It's not too expensive (I don't think), so it's definitely something I'll be trying more than once.  I may even leaf through my cheese and cheese cookery cookbook!

blbst36

blbst36

@blue_dolphin - thanks for all the wonderful information!  I'm definitely pre-slicing the meat, but I may leave the cheese as is for transport.  It looks so pretty!  Oooh, an apple might be a tasty addition.  I'll have to see what's at the store.  Is there something special about Marcona almonds?  I'd never heard of them until reading the label.  It is actually just me eating this :$.    To be honest, it's going to be my lunch on my last day of camping this weekend xD  There was one package that had some sheep's cheese in it, but it had pepper spread in it and I reallt wanted to try the fig spread.  There was another that had a little container of what, I assume, was soft cheese.  I am