• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

LA eats for family

bonkboo

Going to LA next month with wife and kids (12, 10, and9.). Wondering about some lunch spots that can satisfy my inner foodie and still feed less adventurous kids. We don't have a set itinerary so having places in various locations might let me find myself near one. Thanks.

la is vast--help us help you. where will you be staying and what are sights are on your "must do" lists? much easier to give you suggestions

with some idea of where you might be.

"Laughter is brightest where food is best."

www.chezcherie.com

Author of The I Love Trader Joe's Cookbook ,The I Love Trader Joe's Party Cookbook and The I Love Trader Joe's Around the World Cookbook

Believe we will be heavily in the Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, and Hollywood area. Hoping that I cn find. Places for a foodie couple with some decidedly not adventurous kid eaters. Hope this helps.

Bumping this back up for you. I haven't been to LA for years but when I lived there, there was so much good food you almost couldn't go wrong. There were, of course, lots of high end places that had amazing food, but what I loved were the local hole in the walls that made amazing Mexican or Thai or other ethnic food. And the local places that had fantastic burgers or hot dogs or whathaveyou. I used to love Ships diner in Culver City that had the most delicious fried shrimp sandwiches.

Must be some LA food mavens here who can tell you what's good now.