• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

My New Favorite Extra Virgin Olive Oil - Nunez De Prado

merstar

I bought this olive oil recently and it is excellent! I believe it was also recommended by CI in one of their olive oil taste tests awhile ago. I paid a lot less than listed on the link, about $13.99:
http://www.dhccare.com/dhc/FineFoods/nd ... =Finefoods

Here's a nice article about the company:
http://www.oliveoiltimes.com/olive-oil- ... tion/22749
Edited by merstar (log)
There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE.

I'll vouch for it as well. Attended an olive oil tasting some years back and it was a clear favorite. I've not been without it since.

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.

I'll vouch for it as well. Attended an olive oil tasting some years back and it was a clear favorite. I've not been without it since.

I love it! It picks up and rounds out every dish I add it to, not to mention how great it is as a dipping oil with some crusty bread. By the way, have you tried Columela? I haven't tried it yet, but am wondering how it compares to Nunez de Prado.

I first bought this is in a little town in Andalucia in the mid 1990s, and every time I went back; was thrilled when it finally came to the U.S. It is one of my two favorites--both from Spain.

What's your other favorite?

I first bought this is in a little town in Andalucia in the mid 1990s, and every time I went back; was thrilled when it finally came to the U.S. It is one of my two favorites--both from Spain.

What's your other favorite?

Casa Pareja organic--unfiltered. I first bought it in the late 90s at DiBruno's in Philly. I imagine they still carry it.