• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

SLB

SLB

I haven't been in this thread in a while, which was dumb!

On 1/25/2022 at 2:26 PM, Margaret Pilgrim said:

Subtle and haunting flavor combination. 

This sounds wonderful, I'm going to try it with my routine pumpkin sub:  sweet potatoes.    I admit that this substitution is much more workable when the pumpkin is a minor player; but I'm going to see.  I eat pumpkin when it lands in my life, but I don't care for it all that much, so I don't ever really want to buy it.   

I just got my new delivery of California tangerines last week, only to discover that I still have juice in the freezer from last year's tangerines.  So I am looking for ways to get that space back; this is right on time!  

IMG_3452.JPG

SLB

SLB

I haven't been in this thread in a while, and

On 1/25/2022 at 2:26 PM, Margaret Pilgrim said:

Subtle and haunting flavor combination. 

This sounds wonderful, I'm going to try it with my routine pumpkin sub:  sweet potatoes.    I admit that this substitution is much more workable when the pumpkin is a minor player; but I'm going to see.  I eat pumpkin when it lands in my life, but I don't care for it all that much, so I don't ever really want to buy it.   

I just got my new delivery of California tangerines last week, only to discover that I still have juice in the freezer from last year's tangerines.  So I am looking for ways to get that space back; this is right on time!  

IMG_3452.JPG