• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

CatIsHungry

CatIsHungry

Typo

@Katie Meadow I have seen her recipe for melting potatoes but haven’t made them, yet - I make fondant potatoes, though - I have some vague memory(?) they are a sort of shortcut version ??? (Sounds like it from your description)  ... 

One of my best friends made me (ha!) boil some baby golds in ham or chicken stock or beef stock (whatever) ‘til just soft - remove from stock - put in baking pan - mash them down - drizzle with butter / garlic / olive oil - sprinkle some pepper -  bake at 350 til crispy and brown - oy vey! Mr Cat and Cat Son loves those, too! (obviously, we are not watching our carbs 😂) ... add bacon 😁 ... 

CatIsHungry

CatIsHungry

@Katie Meadow I have seen her recipe for melting potatoes but haven’t made them, yet - I make fondant potatoes, though - I have some vague memory(?) they are a sort of shortcut version ??? (Sounds like it from your description)  ... 

One of my best friends made me (ha!) boil some baby golds in ham or chicken stock or beef stock (whatever) ‘til just soft - remove from stock - put in baking pan - mash them down - drizzle with butter / garlic / olive oil - sprinkle some pepper -  bake at 350 til crispy and brown - oy vey! Me Cat and Cat Son loves those, too! (obviously, we are not watching our carbs 😂) ... add bacon 😁 ...