• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

robirdstx

robirdstx

8D75F835-BE6B-4E4E-A112-BF2658EB1485.thumb.jpeg.f4b6c0d713dc35a2012dd59f209e9483.jpeg

Turkey, Vegetable, Rice Soup. The turkey and rice are in there, they just sank to the bottom of the bowl! I made the stock for the soup from our Christmas turkey carcass in my Instant Pot. Then made the rice, using some of the stock as the liquid, in my rice cooker. Sweated the Vegetables (onion, celery and carrot) in a bit of olive oil, then added the stock and some leftover chicken broth, and brought it to a boil, then simmered for about 15 minutes, finally added the diced turkey and heated through. To serve - I put the still warm rice in the bowl and ladled the soup over the rice. We had this for dinner last night, lunch today, and will have it again for dinner tonight! I love soup! I need to make it more often!

robirdstx

robirdstx

8D75F835-BE6B-4E4E-A112-BF2658EB1485.thumb.jpeg.f4b6c0d713dc35a2012dd59f209e9483.jpeg

Turkey, Vegetable, Rice Soup. The turkey and rice are in there, they just sunk to the bottom of the bowl! I made the stock for the soup from our Christmas turkey carcass in my Instant Pot. Then made the rice, using some of the stock as the liquid, in my rice cooker. Sweated the Vegetables (onion, celery and carrot) in a bit of olive oil, then added the stock and some leftover chicken broth, and brought it to a boil, then simmered for about 15 minutes, finally added the diced turkey and heated through. To serve - I put the still warm rice in the bowl and ladled the soup over the rice. We had this for dinner last night, lunch today, and will have it again for dinner tonight! I love soup! I need to make it more often!