• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

shain

shain

I've wanted to try Gordon Ramsay's broccoli soup for a while, and after @Anna N posted about her making it, I got the motivation I needed.

This soup is quite nice. Considering how quick it is to make, I say it has a great value for time ratio. Also, the look of it is very nice.

At first, after I've just started blending the broccoli the soup tasted very blend, and I got a little worried, but after pureeing it a couple more minutes until very smooth the broccoli flavor came through strongly. It's a good thing to remember in any pasty or saucy application - cell damage = flavor ^_^

A big drizzle of lemon juice took the soup a step further, without it, the soup tasted somewhat flat. You also need to use plenty of pepper for it come through.

Iv'e topped the soup with a mixture of crumbled feta and pecorino (both are ewe's milk cheeses) and though tasty, I do think that goat cheese will fit slightly better, having a more distinct flavor. 

20160319_200456.jpg.810f34ca2234715d8d31

shain

shain

I've wanted to try Gordon Ramsie's broccoli soup for a while, and after @Anna N posted about her making it, I got the motivation I needed.

This soup is quite nice. Considering how quick it is to make, I say it has a great value for time ratio. Also, the look of it is very nice.

At first, after I've just started blending the broccoli the soup tasted very blend, and I got a little worried, but after pureeing it a couple more minutes until very smooth the broccoli flavor came through strongly. It's a good thing to remember in any pasty or saucy application - cell damage = flavor ^_^

A big drizzle of lemon juice took the soup a step further, without it, the soup tasted somewhat flat. You also need to use plenty of pepper for it come through.

Iv'e topped the soup with a mixture of crumbled feta and pecorino (both are ewe's milk cheeses) and though tasty, I do think that goat cheese will fit slightly better, having a more distinct flavor. 

20160319_200456.jpg.810f34ca2234715d8d31