• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

shain

shain

Image adjustment

20151224_193911_HDR.thumb.jpg.c594a9e3cbTourin blanchi - Soup made with sauteed onions, baked garlic, thyme, a little roux, black pepper, white wine vinegar and eggs. The soup base is an all purpose vegan stock, but chicken stock will probably work just as good, if not better. It has a wonderfully smooth and creamy, yet light texture and a mild garlicky custard flavor. Served with chives and mutli-grain bread croutons (not pictured - didn't wan't them to turn soggy while I take photos).

shain

shain

Image wasn't working

Tourin blanchi - Soup made with sauteed onions, baked garlic, thyme, a little roux, black pepper, white wine vinegar and eggs. The soup base is an all purpose vegan stock, but chicken stock will probably work just as good, if not better. It has a wonderfully smooth and creamy, yet light texture and a mild garlicky custard flavor. Served with chives and mutli-grain bread croutons (not pictured - didn't wan't them to turn soggy while I take photos).20151224_193911_HDR.thumb.jpg.c594a9e3cb

shain

shain

wybeHY4UE2q9Rf9ZgM2XBl8NpNBpfvF2n40-10KRTourin blanchi - Soup made with sauteed onions, baked garlic, thyme, a little roux, black pepper, white wine vinegar and eggs. The soup base is an all purpose vegan stock, but chicken stock will probably work just as good, if not better. It has a wonderfully smooth and creamy, yet light texture and a mild garlicky custard flavor. Served with chives and mutli-grain bread croutons (not pictured - didn't wan't them to turn soggy while I take photos).