• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Tart suggestions

pistolabella

So I've been trapped in doors for 24 hours due to this totally bizarre Tennessee Ice Storm going on, and I've been cooking to stay sane. Not usually a baker, I'd like to make a tart and definitely need some suggestions! I have one of the 9 inch tart pans w/ a removable bottom (never been used). My ingredients are limited because I didn't prepare for the storm to be this serious. I have a refrigerated pie crust. I have graham cracker crumbs. I have butter, milk, all the sugars & flours, cocoa powder, lemons, blackberries, peanut butter, and grapefruit. I don't have bar chocolate, heavy cream, or any other fruits. I'd love to hear some suggestions of what I can whip up with some of the ingredients I have on hand.

How's your stock of eggs? Someone I know likes this Banana Cream Pie. You could make a version for a tart. (BTW, the person I know used the original recipe from the cookbook. I don't know how this adapted web version compares.)

http://homeeconomistas.wordpress.com/tag/banana-cream-pie/

Another possibility, a custard tart. Cook the blackberries with sugar and a little water and drizzle the sauce over the tart.