• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chicken Pasta?

Paul Bacino

Wanting to make a Chicken Pesto dish, but I"m thinking of making the noodle out a Chicken. Then saucing it with my pesto. Its going to be one part of a dinner with a play on " Chicks gone WILD" motif.

Which of the TG would you use? RM/GS/TI

Any recipes out there?

Ideas?

Edited by Paul Bacino (log)

Its good to have Morels

I think you would use RM if you planned to make the noodles by pureeing the chicken with activa and then piping it into simmering water. Or you could use GM if you wanted to try a technique like Ideas in Food's shrimp noodles (not sure how well that would work with chicken though).

--

The MC books have a recipe just like that. They use activa RM, chicken thigh meat, and a bit of white chicken broth to make the noodles. I've been wanting to make that recipe actually, the broth is kinda cool too - they make a nano-emulsion broth using gum arabic, bay and thyme essential oils.

It's worth noting that the texture of this kind of noodle is nothing like a traditional texture. It's not anything like you might imagine "spaghetti made out of meat" would be. This is one of the reasons, I think, that the iconic wd-50 preparation stays away from the traditional condiments, etc. Also probably good that its a small serving. It's not necessarily the sort of thing you'd want to eat a big bowl of.

--