• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Free modernist ingredients in Australia (Aussies Only!)

We've been renovating & moving house, and I've found a few spare jars of modernist ingredients from a batch of kits I made up.

They're taking up space that we don't have, so I'm happy to give them away to anyone in Australia who wants them.

I have a few 100g jars of calcium lactate gluconate, sodium citrate, and a big tub of nZorbit. Then I have a few 50g bottles of food acids and other bits and pieces. Nothing difficult to source but it's all in nice airtight glass jars.

If you're in Australia and you're interested, send me a private message and I'll give you my address and you can post me a self-addressed express post bag. The 500g ones are about $10, and the 5kg ones are $20. I'll post it back filled with whatever I have left.

This is for Australian residents only - too much hassle involved with customs paperwork to post overseas.

-Chris

I'd be interested in some nZorbit, altho' I don't want a gigantic tub. Is it too much of a pain for you if I mail you, say, a little plastic tub and you fill it? If it's (understandably) too much effort I'm happy to let someone else take it.

Chris Taylor

Host, eG Forums - ctaylor@egstaff.org

I've never met an animal I didn't enjoy with salt and pepper.

Melbourne
Harare, Victoria Falls and some places in between

I'd be interested in some nZorbit, altho' I don't want a gigantic tub. Is it too much of a pain for you if I mail you, say, a little plastic tub and you fill it? If it's (understandably) too much effort I'm happy to let someone else take it.

I have plenty of small plastic tubs if you want some, no need to send it through the post twice. I'd re-use some of the plastic tubs that came from Willpowder when I originally mail-ordered stuff from the US. The only caveat is that I don't think I could fit much in a 500g satchel, you'd probably have to spring for a larger size (I think there's a 3kg satchel too, as well as 5kg, but normal satchels will be cheaper than express post).

I figured the easiest thing to do is for someone to buy their own bag and address it, then fold it up and send it to me, I can simply pop stuff in and send it back.

I'm in Sydney...