• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Domino's Thin Crust Alternative

Shel_B

Yesterday I called the local Dominos and ordered their thin crust pizza. It ain't great, but I liked the crunchiness of the crust and the (seeming) lower carbs. However, the pie was expensive.

Has anyone who has tried the thin crust pie suggest some sort of commercial cracker or bread that can be toasted in the oven to give a similar crisp, crunchy result? Thanks!

... Shel

Have you tried using oversized flour tortillas? You have to be very light with the toppings, but they do get very crunchy and crackerlike.

No, I haven't. However, I looked through my pizza recipes and discovered some ideas using pita bread and lavosh. Haven't tried them yet, but if I get to the market today, I certainly will.

... Shel

This may help, http://www.pizzamaking.com/thincrust.php

Also search their forum for many threads about cracker crusts.

~Martin

~Martin :)

I just don't want to look back and think "I could have eaten that."

Unsupervised, rebellious, radical agrarian experimenter, minimalist penny-pincher, and adventurous cook. Crotchety, cantankerous, terse curmudgeon, non-conformist, and contrarian who questions everything!

The best thing about a vegetable garden is all the meat you can hunt and trap out of it!

is there a Trader Joe's near you?

Indeed there is. I just returned with a package of Lavash bread. Looks like it's about the ideal dimensions and thickness. Tomorrow I'll make the pizza.

... Shel

Here's that Pizza Crust dough!!

Not easy to roll out this dough w/o a sheeter. But.I really like the way , it had all these crispy fingers I created .. You ask for crunch!!

That looks very good!

... Shel