• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

djyee100

djyee100

5 hours ago, FrogPrincesse said:
Well, Cockscomb is actually only 10 min away from the Moscone Center. Just saying... :) 

I was thinking of places where you could walk out of the Moscone Center, circle the block a bit, and find something to eat.

That walk down Fourth St from the Moscone Center goes into the gritty now gentrifying area of SOMA. I feel OK walking down there from Market during the day. Not so enthused about that adventure at night. It's not a pleasant city walk, either, especially when you go under the freeway.

djyee100

djyee100

Well, Cockscomb is actually only 10 min away from the Moscone Center. Just saying... :) 

I was thinking of places where you could walk out of the Moscone Center, circle the block a bit, and find something to eat.

That walk down Fourth St from the Moscone Center goes into the gritty now gentrifying area of SOMA. I feel OK walking down there from Market during the day. Not so enthused about that adventure at night.

djyee100

djyee100

That walk down Fourth St from the Moscone Center goes into the gritty now gentrifying area of SOMA. I feel OK walking down there from Market during the day. Not so enthused about that adventure at night.