• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The new home delivery, Mealku

janeer

Sanitation nightmares aside, I think this sounds like fun and, I suspect that the review feature will slap some people into reality about the low quality of their food. -I've been subjected to a lot of miserable food over the past month which was presented by self-proclaimed 'gourmet' cooks.

The sanitation issue wouldn't be a big one for me -- it's not like I go into the kitchen of restaurants to see how clean their walk-in is, and I'd hope that people who got sick from eating a provider's food would post that in any reviews.

It's an interesting concept, and I could see myself trying it if I were in NYC. My bigger fear though would be some lunatic who decided that this would be a good way to poison people.