• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

• product-image-quickten.png.a40203b506711f7664fc62024e54a584.pngDid you know that these all-volunteer forums are operated by the 501(c)3 not-for-profit Society for Culinary Arts & Letters? This holiday season, consider a tax-deductible Quick Ten Bucks to support the eG Forums and help us remain completely advertising-free. Thanks to all those who have donated so far!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
janeer

The new home delivery, Mealku

6 posts in this topic

Wasn't quite sure where to post this. Here's another link if you can't access WSJ.

I imagine everyone will start going on about sanitation and other dangers, but it's an interesting idea. Good way to get rid of leftovers? Thinking about the current "Cooking for One" thread where that's a big issue.

Sanitation nightmares aside, I think this sounds like fun and, I suspect that the review feature will slap some people into reality about the low quality of their food. -I've been subjected to a lot of miserable food over the past month which was presented by self-proclaimed 'gourmet' cooks.

Hilarious article. I don't think I could participate in this though. Health-related scariness plus I'd have trouble letting my food go.

OMG. Sanitation nightmare indeed. I won't eat pot-lucks from people I know.

I suppose it is safer than random unprotected sex,though.

OMG. Sanitation nightmare indeed. I won't eat pot-lucks from people I know.

I suppose it is safer than random unprotected sex,though.

and a little less creepy; something about opening that bag of unknown...still, I feel a strange fascination

The sanitation issue wouldn't be a big one for me -- it's not like I go into the kitchen of restaurants to see how clean their walk-in is, and I'd hope that people who got sick from eating a provider's food would post that in any reviews.

It's an interesting concept, and I could see myself trying it if I were in NYC. My bigger fear though would be some lunatic who decided that this would be a good way to poison people.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0