• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Onegin or Mihoko's 21 grams

babern38

So, I realize these two restaurants are completely different, but I've come across them a few times and despite varying reviews I feel compelled to try them. I have yet to meet anyone with personal experience at either of these places and was hoping someone here might shed a little light and opinion.

Russian food is something I've always enjoyed but probably only seek out once a year. While Russian Tea Room has a fond place in my heart, the touristy nature of it and other places like Firebird make them less appealing.

Some of the pictures of the food at 21 grams looked wonderful and I like the pictures of the resaurant's esthetic. Some of the sushi roll combinations seem inventive and unique to me. i.e. everything bagel

I look forward to any suggestions or comments.