• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

And how do you like it cooked?

PSmith

Fried Eggs

Now I am a bit odd where fried eggs are concerned. I guess if I actually thought about it, I don't really like egg white. My Dad (sadly now departed) was the only one who could fry an egg to my liking.

Sunny side up but the white should be crispy round the edges (almost burnt underneath), but the yoke should still be slightly runny.

Using a very high heat and vegetable lard, I can get close but usually end up with a solid yoke. My Dad was the master.

http://www.thecriticalcouple.co.uk

Latest blog post - Oh my - someone needs a spell checker

Fried Eggs

Now I am a bit odd where fried eggs are concerned. I guess if I actually thought about it, I don't really like egg white. My Dad (sadly now departed) was the only one who could fry an egg to my liking.

Sunny side up but the white should be crispy round the edges (almost burnt underneath), but the yoke should still be slightly runny.

Using a very high heat and vegetable lard, I can get close but usually end up with a solid yoke. My Dad was the master.

Try using more lard than you normally would as this get a deeper fry going with the high heat. Also take the egg off before you think it is done, it will continue cooking after it leaves the pan.

Nick Reynolds, aka "nickrey"

"The Internet is full of false information." Plato
My eG Foodblog