• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

chefmd

Breakfast! 2013

483 posts in this topic

huiray - do you poach your eggs in the soup somehow or separately?

huiray - do you poach your eggs in the soup somehow or separately?

I do both. That last entry of mine I poached the eggs separately then added them to the whole shebang; but more commonly I will poach the eggs in the developing mixture in a single pot.

Early breakfast today:

"Instant Noodles Artificial Hot & Sour Shrimp Flavor" [Dragonfly] w/ leafy celery leaves & stems, Dodge City Salami & Prosciutto Rosa [both from Goose the Market].

DSCN0231a_1k.jpg

2 people like this

image.jpg

Duck-fat fried potatoes and onion, fried egg, Branston pickle.

4 people like this

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Never call a stomach a tummy without good reason.” William Strunk Jr., The Elements of Style

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

image.jpg

Two 75 C SV eggs on toasted baguette with a couple of cocktail tomaotes.

4 people like this

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Never call a stomach a tummy without good reason.” William Strunk Jr., The Elements of Style

My 2004 eG Blog

Pickled Cabbage Flavor Instant Vermicelli (sour tasting) (老壇酸菜方便粉絲) [白家 brand] (this one; pack of 5) with leafy celery, pressed tongue & 3 hard-boiled eggs.

DSCN0246a_1k.jpg

2 people like this

image.jpg

Sauteed shiitake mushrooms and Jarlsberg cheese on home-made shiitake flatbread (see The Bread Topic).

[Moderator note: This topic continues here, Breakfast! 2014]

Edited by Mjx Moderator note added. (log)
2 people like this

My 2004 eG Blog