• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Breakfast! 2013

chefmd

Toots picked up some nice, fresh, organic blackberries and raspberries yesterday. This morning I made smoothies with nonfat goat milk yogurt, a hint of vanilla, and, of course, the berries. Pretty good, and Toots liked it, and that's what matters most.

... Shel

Today's breakfast.

Baked Eggs

With Potatoes, Peameal Bacon and Green Onion.

Ann, am I correct in assuming you pre-cooked (pan fried?) the bacon and potatoes - or did you cook everything at once in the oven?

PastaMeshugana

"The roar of the greasepaint, the smell of the crowd."

"What's hunger got to do with anything?" - My Father

My first Novella: The Curse of Forgetting

Agreed, Anns biscuits are spectacular

Pastameshugana Cheddar! Thats what my eggs need

Salmon omelet with feta cheese and dill, leftover jicama-cucumber-pineapple salad, potato bread toast

p1620137970-4.jpg

SAPIDUS What sort of dressing did you put on the jicama-cucumber-pineapple salad? That sounds yummy, and I happen to have all three ingredients!

• Like 1

SAPIDUS What sort of dressing did you put on the jicama-cucumber-pineapple salad? That sounds yummy, and I happen to have all three ingredients!

furzzy - Thanks! Dressing was just lime juice and salt, flavored with minced jalapeño and a little ancho chile powder.

• Like 1

Chilaquiles%20July%2028th%2C%202013-L.jp

Moe's Breakfast - Chilaquiles. Used leftovers from last night's Mexican dinner. Hate letting homemade corn tortillas go to waste.

That looks great for lunch too. I'm guessing it's leftovers from "welcome to Moe's?" I'm just learning to make Latin/Spanish foods. This past week I made arepas and omg, what a great palette from which to build strong flavors. In a few weeks I'm taking a Latin street food class at A Southern Season in Chapel Hill, NC. You did a great job in making your leftovers look fresh!!!

Early breakfast yesterday:

• Chinese roast duck [Asia Mart], Tuscan kale & skinny wonton noodles [New Yung Ky Noodles, Inc] in chicken stock simmered w/ chopped garlic (Music).

DSCN9197b_1k.jpg

Breakfast today:

• Three “soft-boiled” eggs. With some soy sauce [Kikkoman] & white pepper. Drunk straight from the (rice) bowl, no utensils.

• Insalata Caprese. Purple Cherokee tomato, fresh mozzarella [Nicole-Taylor’s], basil [my back deck], EV olive oil [California Olive Ranch], sea salt, black pepper.

DSCN9210b_1k.jpg

DSCN9214b_1k.jpg

• Like 1

Pquinene, Is "Welcome to Moe's " a restaurant?.

Leftovers were from the Mexican dinner I made last night. Husband's name is Moe.

I'd love to take a Latin street food class. Look forward to you sharing some of the foods that you make.

~Ann

Ann, I read your earlier posts and realized Moe is your husband's name. OMG, there is a restaurant chain called "Moe's." Every time a customer walks in, they say "welcome to Moe's." Yes, I am excited to take the class; it's in September though.

Breakfast today:

Part 1 - Lotus root soup.

Part 2 - Rice w/ slow-stewed pork hocks, bamboo shoots, snow fungus, ginger, rice vinegar, (mashed up) salted bean curd cubes in brine w/ chili, whole garlic cloves (Purple Glazer).

DSCN9219a_1k.jpg

DSCN9222a_1k.jpg

Pquinene, Is "Welcome to Moe's " a restaurant?.

Leftovers were from the Mexican dinner I made last night. Husband's name is Moe.

I'd love to take a Latin street food class. Look forward to you sharing some of the foods that you make.

~Ann

Ann, I read your earlier posts and realized Moe is your husband's name. OMG, there is a restaurant chain called "Moe's." Every time a customer walks in, they say "welcome to Moe's." Yes, I am excited to take the class; it's in September though.

Pquinene, I refer to our home as Moe's Diner.

Today's breakfast

Egg%20Biryani%20July%2030th%2C%202013%20

Egg%20Biryani%20July%2030th%2C%202013%20

Egg Biryani.

Huiray, I wish I had your metabolism! If I ate a third of what you cook, I'd look more like the Goodyear blimp than I already do! Beautiful stuff, I'm SO jealous!

"Commit random acts of senseless kindness"

What do you do when Keith_W hands you a foil pouch containing a handful of leftover char siu chunks? Why, you crisp them up with some diced shortcut bacon and then finish that off with a couple of fried eggs.

Chris Taylor

Host, eG Forums - ctaylor@egstaff.org

I've never met an animal I didn't enjoy with salt and pepper.

Melbourne
Harare, Victoria Falls and some places in between