• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Breakfast! 2013

chefmd

rotuts – thanks for the kind words. I think that brunch is probably my favorite meal to prepare, so I’ve got LOTS of different things that I do. Here is the recipe for the Benedict baskets: http://www.recipecircus.com/recipes/Kimberlyn/EGGS/Benedict_Baskets.html and here is the one for the French toast: http://www.recipecircus.com/recipes/Kimberlyn/BREAKFAST/Cinnamon_French_Toast_Bake.html .

Ann – thanks to you, also! That tomato/bacon baguette is fantastic looking. I love tomatoes on toast for breakfast and would love to know how to make baguettes at home. Is the recipe on your site?

Nice crepe!

Kim, the eggs benedict in a basket and breakfast kebabs are excellent ideas.

As for the Kolaches, unfortunately, I did not make it myself but rather bought them from a restaurant who makes them fresh to order. Suspect they used a bit of egg wash to brown them.

A few catch-up posts....

Last of the lobster - French Omelette with Lobster Sauce

IMG_3359.JPG

Lobster & Shrimp Curry

IMG_3365-1200.jpg

Cheese Sausage w/Fried Egg

IMG_3373.JPG

Alphonso Mango

IMG_3371-1200.jpg

I like the idea of pasta for breakfast.

Bacon,%20Cheddar%20and%20Chive%20Biscuit

Bacon, Cheddar and Chive Biscuits.

That has GOT to be the flakiest, yummiest most mouth watering biscuit I've ever seen. Drool!

"Commit random acts of senseless kindness"

One breakfast last week: Chicken broth w/ some chicken flesh & veggies.

Chicken quarters w/ all fat & skin left on were simmered for about 6-7 hours w/ celery, carrots, yellow onions and sufficient sea salt. Excess fat was skimmed off. Left overnight on the stovetop, then reheated and resimmered for a short while and a little more fat skimmed off. Nicely unctuous broth w/ lots of gelatin. Several bowls of it drunk w/ some of the vegetables, plus a bit of the residual chicken meat. Yum, very satisfying.

DSCN9046a_1k.jpg

Thanks Kim, Judiu and Bruce.

Bruce, love the additions to your scrambled eggs.

Nicolai, Some how breakfast tastes better when served on little boards.

Huiray, That broth looks so rich. That soup would be the perfect way to start the day.

I'm heading in to Victoria today with a friend for a girl's day of shopping and lunch.

So I made Moe a big breakfast to hold him until dinner.

Steak%20and%20Eggs%20July%2016th%2C%2020

Grilled Rib Eye

Steak%20and%20Eggs%20July%2016th%2C%2020

With slightly overcooked poached eggs.

• Like 2

Thanks Kim, Judiu and Bruce.

Bruce, love the additions to your scrambled eggs.

Nicolai, Some how breakfast tastes better when served on little boards.

Huiray, That broth looks so rich. That soup would be the perfect way to start the day.

I'm heading in to Victoria today with a friend for a girl's day of shopping and lunch.

So I made Moe a big breakfast to hold him until dinner.

Steak%20and%20Eggs%20July%2016th,%202013

Grilled Rib Eye

Steak%20and%20Eggs%20July%2016th,%202013

With slightly overcooked poached eggs.

Overcooked is in the mouth of the beholder! I say YUM!

"Commit random acts of senseless kindness"