• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Commercial Walk in Refrigerator

JeanneCake

So I'm considering new space; and the challenge is that there are four steel poles that are about 4 or 5 feet away from the corners at each point. I need to install a walk in cooler; and I've got the panels, etc (I'll need to buy a new compressor).

I'm thinking that I can't install a cooler with one of those poles in the corner of it because the ceiling panel of the cooler would have to have a hole cut in it then sealed around the pole and that could be a problem. Yes? No? Has anyone done this before? Can it work?

No, that's the thing. It's a supporting beam (or whatever they're called) and I think this is going to be a dealbreaker. I don't want a cooler that is only 4 feet wide and I don't want it to be the big square in the center of the space. Sigh. It's always something. This is a great retail space, too.