• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Las Vegas Grille

Has any one else tried this place?

Not you normal 'Que joint. They have chicken, brisket, house made sausage and several other choices.

Meat is good with a nice smoke flavor. Sides are a little hit or miss.

Local comedians on Saturday night.

Little off the new strip at Saraha and Buffalo in a strip center Suite 105

Dwight

If at first you succeed, try not to act surprised.

I asked a couple of my friends who live in Las Vegas, John Curtas and Al Mancini, what they thought about the Las Vegas Grille. John and Al are two of the three most recognized and talented Food Writers in Las Vegas. (Their eponymous guide to dining in Las Vegas-"Eating Las Vegas 2013," just hit the newstands. Co-authored with the opinionated Max Jacobsen).

Al wrote me back with this critique of Las Vegas Grill "I really like the barbecue there. Or allow me to clarify-it's extremely good barbecue by Las Vegas standards, but that bar is very low. If you're coming to town with a background in great barbecue, you may not be extremely impressed. In fact you may want to avoid barbecue in Las Vegas altogher. But the stuff is done well and casual barbecue fans will mostly love it. It's probably the best I've found in Las Vegas and is on par with good barbecue I've had in more serious barbecue cities."

Hope this helps make your decision about whether or not you want to dine there. It's really tragic that such a large city in the desert Southwest can't put forth more great barbecue restaurants. If I get a link to Al's formal review on Las Vegas Grill that he did for a local Vegas magazine I'll post it. And I'll post a link to their book, "Eating Las Vegas 2013."

Las Vegas an Nevada doesn't have a BBQ culture like other states/cities that have a well known BBQ culture (Texas, North Carolina, Memphis, Kansas City). Heck, even in Texas, there is plenty of medicore to bad Q. I personally wouldn't waste my time eat BBQ in Vegas. It more than likely would just make me mad.

Jeff Meeker, aka "jsmeeker"