• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chocolates with that Showroom Finish, 2012 –

punk patissier

It brings me so much happiness to enjoy chocolate-making vicariously through all of your work!  Its all so lovely!    Until the ashes are cleaned up, and the new home and chocolate shop are rebuilt....the egullet threads will be about my only tie to crafting artisan chocolates.  So, keep up the beautiful work everyone, and post as many pics as you can.   Your inspiration is much needed and incredibly appreciated, as I long to get back into my own kitchen. 

• Like 4

-Andrea

A 'balanced diet' means chocolate in BOTH hands. :biggrin:

24 minutes ago, ChocoMom said:

It brings me so much happiness to enjoy chocolate-making vicariously through all of your work!  Its all so lovely!    Until the ashes are cleaned up, and the new home and chocolate shop are rebuilt....the egullet threads will be about my only tie to crafting artisan chocolates.  So, keep up the beautiful work everyone, and post as many pics as you can.   Your inspiration is much needed and incredibly appreciated, as I long to get back into my own kitchen. 

I hope you get to dive back into the chocolate before too long. I'll be joining the posting soon, though probably not in the "showroom finish" thread at my experience level. I wouldn't bet on any of it being inspirational but I'm having fun learning.

• Like 2

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

21 minutes ago, RuthWells said:

Ruth, those marble effects are stunning!  I'm thinking white chocolate layered with white chocolate that has been tinted with candy colors.  What method did you use for the layering?

Something like this? I think the technique was explained a page or two after that.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

1 hour ago, Tri2Cook said:

Something like this? I think the technique was explained a page or two after that.

Exactly. that is what inspired me:)

Ruth Kendrick

Chocolot
Artisan Chocolates and Toffees
www.chocolot.com

7 minutes ago, Chocolot said:

Exactly. that is what inspired me:)

You ran with that inspiration, yours are really nice.

I made some dark chocolates at the weekend (cherry and chambord) to go with the white chocolate (milk chocolate and passion fruit).

The dark blue colour with lustre dust (2nd row from the bottom) is my favourite.........

chocs2.jpg

• Like 7

3 hours ago, kevnick80 said:

I made some dark chocolates at the weekend (cherry and chambord) to go with the white chocolate (milk chocolate and passion fruit).

The dark blue colour with lustre dust (2nd row from the bottom) is my favourite.........

chocs2.jpg

Those are beautiful!  I would display the white one on the far right in the third row as a piece of abstract art!

Edited by blue_dolphin (log)

13 minutes ago, pastrygirl said:

Eggs turned out pretty nice. :x

Eggs turned out really nice.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

These are the first molded chocolates that I made for my Ecole Chocolate class.  It's a milk chocolate raspberry ganache with a dark chocolate shell.  I had a few that got stuck in the mold and damaged when they came out but overall, I was really happy with how they turned out.  The color is red cocoa butter applied with a brush then backed with white. 

Raspberry_Ganache_Bon_Bon.jpg

Edited by Bentley (log)
  • Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

I spent the day getting chocolates ready to bring to the eGullet workshop this week. Clockwise from top, all with dark chocolate: rosemary sea salt shortbread with rosemary caramel, toasted coconut with coconut caramel, apple pie caramel, and guava and jackfruit caramel. I had initially planned to try to dip the shortbread, but it was far too crumbly (and I was tired), so I just drizzled with caramel then chocolate. 

IMG_0598.jpg

• Like 10

I made these as a part of my Professional Chocolatier class at Ecole Chocolate. And for Mother's Day. From left to right: Milk Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, Earl Grey, Strawberry, Margarita and Raspberry. I liked how they came out, but I want to work on my decorating...

chocolates 1.jpg

chocolates 2.jpg

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

Its great to see everybody's works. Keep them coming!

This is my most recent bonbon creation...cant seem to keep these on the shelves though. I'm going to have to make a LOT more! :)

20160519-IMG_0767-Edit.jpg

• Like 15

3 hours ago, Dallas said:

This is my most recent bonbon creation...cant seem to keep these on the shelves though. I'm going to have to make a LOT more! :)

WOW ... Those are truly a work of art - masterpiece material. Must take forever to get the colouring effect though?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dallas said:

Would you you advise on what the flavour(s) are for those of us that can only dream of tasting your beautiful creations?

7 hours ago, Dallas said:

Dallas - further to our discussion over in the workshop report thread, how have you gotten the blue line in the middle?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dallas said:

Absolutely gorgeous.  Please go into a little detail about how you did the decoration.