• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chocolates with that Showroom Finish, 2012 –

punk patissier

Gfron, have you ever tried decorating those molds like pacman ghosts? You could sell a collection of pralines including the 4 colored ghosts plus the magic pill (to be eaten before the ghosts, of course).

Teo

• Like 2

Teo

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

selection_zpsvfopck1b.jpg

I was asked to make a large number of small boxes (6-pack) as thank-you gifts for people at the state conference of the Australian Breastfeeding Associated here in Victoria, so I made these fairly disgraceful chocolates :P The boob chocolate is actually pinker than what it appears there :D

Edited by keychris (log)
  • Like 6

• 4 months later...

pastryani - it's probably something like CW2207 from Chocolate World - an excellent in between size - falls out of the mold easily unlike the deeper similar molds - I've found it a very nice mold to use for demos because you aren't left bashing like an idiot saying "worked fine when I was home"!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

It's been quite a while since I made chocolates. A friend wanted to come over and play with chocolate during the snowstorm, so we made these:

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.610caff5544edf4

My 10 year old daughter wanted to play too, and I think she made the prettiest ones of the night. I shelled them for her, but she did all the decorating.

56a43d95e61fd_FullSizeRender3.thumb.jpg.

Edited by tikidoc (log)
  • Like 13

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Jim D. said:

Chocolot,

How did you get the nice splatter with the hazelnut pieces?  They are very attractive.

Thanks. I have a Fuji system. If I turn the air way down, it splatters nicely.

• Like 2

Ruth Kendrick

Chocolot
Artisan Chocolates and Toffees
www.chocolot.com

• 3 weeks later...

Heston Blumenthal did a chocolate tea pot in the Afternoon Tea episode of his Great British Food series. If I remember correctly, it was made of chocolate flavored with Earl Grey tea and he did exactly as this company is advertising... add hot water, swirl a bit, pour. Then they nibbled on the pots. That was a couple years ago, looks like somebody decided to run with the idea. But I think this thread is more about people sharing their own work.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

Heh, looking at all the other overpriced junk on that site, I am assuming it's not remotely artisan! Also chocolate pizza, ewww. :D

• Like 1

Had time to do a little experimenting today.

IMG_4554.thumb.JPG.4eae31e2c66e1583175d6

IMG_4553.thumb.JPG.c0839f1569bedde3143fa

Layered white, milk and dark. Each egg looks different. I'm showing just as they came from mold.

Below is what the edge of the bowl looked like after pouring.

IMG_4546.thumb.JPG.deacbf9b357e1f2d874f0

• Like 11

Ruth Kendrick

Chocolot
www.chocolot.com

Here is the second tray. This time I only used white and dark.

The checkerboard one is interesting. Probably couldn't do it again:)

IMG_4564.thumb.jpg.3908b07d196dc4ce9e48c

IMG_4565.thumb.jpg.54952875e9b365340524b

• Like 14

Ruth Kendrick

Chocolot
www.chocolot.com