• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chocolates with that Showroom Finish, 2012 –

punk patissier

Here's a picture of my attempt at Peter Greweling's passion fruit chocolates (which he calls 'Toucans'). These are moulded white chocolates, airbrushed red & yellow, filled with white chocolade passion fruit ganache.

I've also made a Flickr gallery of some of the chocolates I made in the past. You can find it here: http://goo.gl/F8xV6

036. Passievrucht (rood-geel).jpg

• Like 1

Here's a picture of my attempt at Peter Greweling's passion fruit chocolates (which he calls 'Toucans'). These are moulded white chocolates, airbrushed red & yellow, filled with white chocolade passion fruit ganache.

I've also made a Flickr gallery of some of the chocolates I made in the past. You can find it here: http://goo.gl/F8xV6

Nice job. Love all your other stuff too.

Welcome to eG. Where are you located?

Beautiful chocolates in your Flickr gallery! I'm guessing that you are from the Netherlands from your gallery title. Are you a professional chocolatier?

Welcome to eGullet kris6912.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the positive comments. I'm actually from Belgium. And no, I'm not a professional chocolatier, just an enthusiastic hobbyist...

Kris

Beautiful chocolates in your Flickr gallery! I'm guessing that you are from the Netherlands from your gallery title. Are you a professional chocolatier?

Welcome to eGullet kris6912.
  • Like 1

Hey folks,

Have enjoyed reading this forum for a while now so finally decided I should join up and contribute. I am based in Auckland, New Zealand. Here are a couple of my current range (and sorry if the images are giant, first time user :cool:

First one is Passionfruit Heart, our best seller, will try and find one where it is broken open

301375_10151460396518298_758743694_n.jpg

The next is our new Baileys Cream (sorry for the bad photo)

970333_10151972547448298_1202851766_n.jp

And lastly for now, the Vanilla Caramel (same as in my profile pic)

374086_10151526616103298_1121366503_n.jp

Edited by Stu Jordan (log)

Stu Jordan - Chocolatier

The Chocolatier Life

Watch "The Chocolatier Life" on Youtube. It's free!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy6wr6iGuC1MakBVwDAlErA

• 1 month later...

Played around with splatter techniques today using a plastic spoon. This was one of the first trays. The splatter got finer and better as we learned. Don't know why my photos are always turned!!

photo0.JPG
Not sure it is any faster or neater, but a different effect.
photo1.JPG
  • Like 2

Ruth Kendrick

Chocolot
Artisan Chocolates and Toffees
www.chocolot.com

• 1 month later...

Made some new chocolates last week...

(1) Manon Café: molded white chocolate, mocha flavored white chocolate butter ganache on top of a gianduja/praliné bottom, topped with a roasted hazelnut.

(2) Walnuts: molded milk chocolate, caramel with roasted walnuts & milk chocolate, dark chocolate decoration.

All my chocolates can be found in my Flickr gallery: http://goo.gl/F8xV6

035. Manon Café+.jpg

037(small). Walnoten karamel.jpg

• Like 3

Figured I'd toss up a few of our latest.

The spiral is a three-layer piece with cranberry-pear compote, caramelized pear puree, and Pacari 100% Ecuador ganache. It was created as an exercise for one of my chocolatiers, Samantha Downing, and involves hand-painting, airbrushing, and some work with a toothpick & gold dust.The tile is a local apple & scorpion chili caramelized ganache made with an unusual Puerto Rican 100% chocolate (only 10 trees!) and is brushed carefully with two lustres. The pear is cotes du beaune red wine & Vermont honey ganache in Patric Chocolate's magnificent (and painfully rare) Peruvian Piura 67% and is finished with a hint of red cocoa butter backed by a dusting of bronze lustre in the mold.

I've been enjoying the creative work on this thread--keep it up!

Rich

structureofflavor.jpg

warmbreezeawakens.jpg

appearentlynot.jpg

Edited by DancingLion Chocolates (log)
  • Like 2

-----------------------------------

"Chocolate As Art"

Dancing Lion Chocolate

DancingLionChocolate.com

The tile is a local apple & scorpion chili caramelized ganache made with an unusual Puerto Rican 100% chocolate (only 10 trees!) and is brushed carefully with two lustres.

All 3 of them look great! I was wondering about the tiles, which mould did you use? On your site I see you have variety of tiles in your 'metal box'.

Kris

The tile is a local apple & scorpion chili caramelized ganache made with an unusual Puerto Rican 100% chocolate (only 10 trees!) and is brushed carefully with two lustres.

All 3 of them look great! I was wondering about the tiles, which mould did you use? On your site I see you have variety of tiles in your 'metal box'.

Kris

Hi Kris! I picked up the mah jong tile molds on sale at Chocolat-Chocolat (chocolat-chocolat.com)--my favorite place for finding molds--last time I was in Montreal. I like the size and shape; they're perfect for delivering a big solid flavor. Unfortunately, the mold only came in the "character" suit. I made the box from our own Tango chocolate and filled it with apple truffles under the mango tiles, btw.

Kind regards,

Rich

-----------------------------------

"Chocolate As Art"

Dancing Lion Chocolate

DancingLionChocolate.com

Do any of you want to learn Jean Marie Auboine's secret to making showroom finished chocolates every time? Pop over to this topic and read about what we have planned. http://forums.egullet.org/topic/145093-plan-2014-chocolate-confectionery-workshop-las-vegas/. JMA's secret is very simple and I tried it today. When I pop them out, I will post:). He and his business partner, Melissa Coppel, who was just named chocolatier of the year, will be teaching us during the workshop. Only 8 spots left. Everyone welcome.

• Like 1

Ruth Kendrick

Chocolot
Artisan Chocolates and Toffees
www.chocolot.com

• 2 weeks later...