• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Dallas

Dallas

14 hours ago, LePetitPrince said:

WOW ... Those are truly a work of art - masterpiece material. Must take forever to get the colouring effect though?

Its a little bit of labour, but not that bad, actually, when you get your workflow down.

I've got a yogurt warmer to keep all of my cocoa butters warm, after I've tempered them, so they're ready to go when I need them. I spray different shades of colour (there are 3 colour transitions in this piece) from light to dark...the effect is called ombré. :)

Dallas

Dallas

14 hours ago, LePetitPrince said:

WOW ... Those are truly a work of art - masterpiece material. Must take forever to get the colouring effect though?

Its a little bit of labour, but not that bad, actually, when you get your workflow down.

I've got a yogurt warmer to keep all of my cocoa butters warm, after I've tempered them, so they're ready to go when I need them. I spray different shades of colour (there are 3 colour transitions in this piece) from light to dark. :)