• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Desiderio

Desiderio

Not Valentine's Day production, but just experimenting. I don't get to do fun stuff like these at work, not yet anyway, so I do it on my own spare time 😁.

I had this idea brewing for few weeks and finally I managed to execute it.

Cherry compote, creme fraiche ganache (plain a simple dark chocolate and creme fraiche, nothing else. It made the smoothest ganache ever, I am in love!), small disk of pistachio gianduia, truth to be told, I didn't have any round cutters, i had to use a small pastry tip, they were tiny! Again at work I don't have a lot of specialized tools, most of the stuff i brought from home.

20200207_115043.jpg

20200207_115112.jpg

20200207_115555.jpg

20200207_115216.jpg

Desiderio

Desiderio

Not Valentine's Day production, but just experimenting. I don't get to do fun stuff like these at work, not yet anyway, so I do it on my own spare time 😁.

Cherry compote, creme fraiche ganache (plain a simple dark chocolate and creme fraiche, nothing else. It made the smoothest ganache ever, I am in love!), small disk of pistachio gianduia, truth to be told, I didn't have any round cutters, i had to use a small pastry tip, they were tiny! Again at work I don't have a lot of specialized tools, most of the stuff i brought from home.

20200207_115043.jpg

20200207_115112.jpg

20200207_115555.jpg

Desiderio

Desiderio