• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Foodgame, Dublin

IanT

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent dinner here the Saturday before Christmas. I managed to taste most of the menu and was very impressed. Lots of vibrant flavours happily knocking up against one another. Not hiding the Ottolenghi influences but adding its own individuality and showcasing some top class Irish ingredients (we may not have a cuisine worth speaking of but we can certainly produce the, eh, produce). The highlights for me were the roasted beetroot with pickled red cabbage, hung sour cream and tarragon, and the slow-roasted spiced shoulder of Roscommon lamb, yoghurt soup with sweet potato and spinach.

Another mention in The Irish Times this morning getting the nod for "salad of the year". It seems you can win friends with salad. Highly recommended.

Edited by IanT (log)

Interesting stuff, Ian. Now that you've taken the risk, I may have to check it out.

(Totally agreed about the produce, btw. And thanks for the "don't make friends with salad" earworm which will be with me for the day!)

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds great Ian. Had intended getting in there.

Unfortunately Richard Gleeson, the ex-Ottelenghi chef who did the supper menu is not there any more. The supper menu was just running for a few months before Christmas. So they're back to doing daytime food only at the moment and haven't decided whether they'll do the evening food again yet.