• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

janeer

Dates and chocolate

janeer   

It is date season here in the desert and I have become obsessed with them, particularly eating them with dark chocolate. I am not much of a candy maker, but hope Kerry or others might have a suggestion for making a simple, unadorned date truffle or something else with chocolate (even a cake) that might make a nice gift. I have access to about 6 or 7 varieties of freshly harvested fruit, from my favority caramel-y "Golds" to the giant medjool. Thanks.

Hassouni   

Popular in some of the older books I have are dates stuffed with almond paste then candied or half dipped in chocolate.

Oh dear god. The deliciousness. The sheer, sheer deliciousness of this....I don't think I can take it!

(the chocolate version anyway :laugh: )