• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Congrats to Rancho Gordo!

thock

Rancho Gordo's beans made Bon Appetit's list of "Essential ingredients you shouldn't cook without."

http://shopping.yahoo.com/news/50-essential-ingredients-we-can%E2%80%99t-cook-without-and-neither-should-you-224923462.html?page=2

"Rancho Gordo Dried Beans

"One of the main reasons that BA is obsessed with these heirloom beans is because of the Napa-based company’s high turnover rate: In other words, they’re some of the freshest dried legumes on the market, so they cook in less time. And also because, well, if Rancho Gordo is good enough for the French Laundry and Per Se ... turn it into dinner: A pot of beans is the start of bean salads, hearty soups, burritos, quick hummus, rice and beans, or, if you really want to go for it, a big, beautiful winter-is-officially-here cassoulet."

I've never bought any, but lots of people on eGullet have, and have raved about the quality of RG's beans.

Tracy

Lenexa, KS, USA

I will add my congratulations too, Steve. I have recommended your beans and other products to numerous people. My daughter, who lives in Livermore, has bought products at the Ferry Plaza, at Rainbow Market (also my suggestion) and a store in Berkeley. We are both fans and supporters of sustainable agriculture.

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

Congrats Steve!! Well deserved recognition for someone who works hard and does good. Cheers to you!

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

Thanks all. The old timers may remember a time when I was able to hang out and post all over the place, especially on Mexican and California threads. I even met many of my best friends here on eG, even traveling partners to Mexico! I'm old enough to know you don't always work hard and then get rewarded so the success is especially sweet. eGullet has been part of the equation.

Visit beautiful Rancho Gordo!

Twitter @RanchoGordo

"How do you say 'Yum-o' in Swedish? Or is it Swiss? What do they speak in Switzerland?"- Rachel Ray