• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Blast Chiller + slow cooking oven

Franci

Hi. I really would like to purchase the FRESCO machine. It is a blast chiller for home use. But it has more functions: you can thraw food at controlled temperatures, you can use it as proofing chamber, as a slow oven (since it reaches 75C), it has a function to coold beverages...

I'm moving back to the US in the next 10 months and I do not think this product is sold in the States.

What are the alternatives to something like this at the moment in the US?

The slow oven is less interesting to me as I'd like to buy a SVS as soon as I move back but as blast chiller for the home use? Anything comparable?

Thanks

Here is one available in the US. Looks like Irinox is available in the US too - just don't see one as small as that one.

Apparently some new LG fridges have a little blast chiller for wine and beer in the freezer compartment.

Ok, I just wrote to the company in Italy to know about the Fresco. I found that the line FREDDY, which is also blast chiller + slow oven, is denitely sold in the US: here.

It would be interesting to know how much it costs. Here , it is sold for €3,529.17.

Fresco is surely cheaper.

Edited by Franci (log)