• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Keith_W

The Air Fryer topic

1 hour ago, Okanagancook said:

I think it is yours.  Grate potatoes, squeeze,microwave 90 seconds, salt and pepper, form into patties, spray with Pam, air fry 6 min a side.  I tried to tuck the frilly edges in so the did not burn but it’s impossible.

the middles were just done and similar texture to pan fried.  I will make these again.  Only drawback is I can only fit three in the fryer with each one weighing about 70 grams.

Clearly you need a second unit!

• Haha 4

Nice try.:x

i would if only there was a kitchen gadget storage ‘Cloud’

the one I have is small, 8 by 7 inches.

NO!  I am not getting another, unless of course this cheap model kicks the bucket, then I could get a bigger one9_9

how big is yours?

27 minutes ago, Okanagancook said:

Nice try.:x

i would if only there was a kitchen gadget storage ‘Cloud’

the one I have is small, 8 by 7 inches.

NO!  I am not getting another, unless of course this cheap model kicks the bucket, then I could get a bigger one9_9

how big is yours?

Roughly 12x12x21. Takes a 1/4 sheet pan easily. Bet I could get 8 latkes in it. Breville Smart Oven Air. It does lots of things but it isn't cheap. 

Well, I have a CSO and a brilliant Cadco convection oven and a really excellent Miele oven.  So I would only get a larger dedicated air fryer that has a removable paddle so I can cook stuff like burgers, pork chops with a larger capacity than what I have.  I the one I have bought it on a whim and now I am liking the convenience of no splatter.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Okanagancook said:

Well, I have a CSO and a brilliant Cadco convection oven and a really excellent Miele oven.  So I would only get a larger dedicated air fryer that has a removable paddle so I can cook stuff like burgers, pork chops with a larger capacity than what I have.  I the one I have bought it on a whim and now I am liking the convenience of no splatter.

Is the Miele their steam oven?

No,unfortunately.  Just one their run of the mill great ovens...12 yrs old now.

• Like 1