• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

MetsFan5

MetsFan5

@Chimayo Joe the only time I recall eating those “Smiles” potato product was when I was in college and and deemed them a fun late night snack. I wasn’t sober when I ate them. 

I have the basket style air fryer. I have a toaster oven. I haven’t used my toaster oven (a Breville but not a combi or APO or anything fancy) in months. I throw bread into my air fryer and it makes toasts quickly. It’s not amazing toast but it’s earned a spot on my soon to be limited counter space. 

The air fryer does a good job at reheating left overs. Not all of course; but most things it does a lot better than a microwave and the clean up is minimal. 

MetsFan5

MetsFan5

@Chimayo Joe the only time I recall LOLing those “Smiles” potato product was when I was in college and and deemed them a fun late night snack. I wasn’t sober when I ate them.