• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Chimayo Joe

Chimayo Joe

3 hours ago, palo said:

@Anna N - I'm not sold on the window feature - from my experience you have to open the tray to re-arrange/shake anyway you can gauge doneness at that time

That's my thinking, too.  Possibly useful but I'm not sure how useful. Chefman has a few windowed models, too.  The dehydrate function of the Instant Vortex interests me more than a window does.

3 hours ago, ElsieD said:

This is pretty much the same as the one I'm looking at.  The one I'm looking at also has something called Odor Erase.  I didn't think this video was particularly informative, but then I don't really know what I was expecting.  I haven't found any other videos.

Here's a video of the model you're considering.  It's compared to a couple of other windowed fryers.  I don't really like that youtuber's rating system because much of it seems irrelevant or trivial, but at least you can that fryer in action.

Chimayo Joe

Chimayo Joe

3 hours ago, palo said:

@Anna N - I'm not sold on the window feature - from my experience you have to open the tray to re-arrange/shake anyway you can gauge doneness at that time

That's my thinking, too.  Possibly useful but I'm not sure how useful. Chefman has a few windowed models, too.  The dehydrate function of the InstaVortex interests me more than a window does.

3 hours ago, ElsieD said:

This is pretty much the same as the one I'm looking at.  The one I'm looking at also has something called Odor Erase.  I didn't think this video was particularly informative, but then I don't really know what I was expecting.  I haven't found any other videos.

Here's a video of the model you're considering.  It's compared to a couple of other windowed fryers.  I don't really like that youtuber's rating system because much of it seems irrelevant or trivial, but at least you can that fryer in action.