• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

jrshaul

The Chicago Fine Chocolate Show

5 posts in this topic

Against my better judgement, I'm spending the $25 and piloting my geriatric Honda to the Windy City to see the best in coverture and confection. Will anyone else be attending?

Sounds like a good time. Eat a few for the rest of us.

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

Cheers & Chocolates

So, how was the show?

So, how was the show?

I was warned that it was pretty much a holiday gift pageant, and the chocolate pros were somewhat lacking. I spent the money on chocolate instead.

I went to the trade show and the public show. It was pretty disorganized and many of the staff were really rude. This was the first one so I would be willing to give it another try a few years from now after they work out some kinks. There were a lot of vendors missing due to Sandy, so it was kind of small. If it was not for the trade show side, it would have been a waste of time.

JB Chocolatier

www.jbchocolatier.com