• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sous Vide Magic customer service

sahmd

I know this has been discussed in these forums before, but I want to add my $.02 -

I purchased a Sous Vide Magic set up about a year ago, and have been thrilled with it. Recently, the temperature monitor began to malfunction - no idea why. This happened as I was setting up on a Sunday morning to cook some beets and turnips for our dinner that night.

I went to the website (http://freshmealssolutions.com/) and called the support number, expecting to leave a message and get someone to call me back during the upcoming week. Instead, Frank Hsu answered himself - the support number on the website is his home number! I apologized for bothering him at home on a Sunday morning, and his response was something along the lines of, "no problem - I'm just having coffee".

To skip to the end, I shipped my unit back to him and it was returned promptly, good as new.

I know these forums are mostly about cooking, but I was so impressed with the level of customer service I received from Frank (not to mention the quality of his product), that I felt compelled to post. If you're looking for a home sous vide rig, I can't recommend the SVM/FMM set up enough. Kudos!