• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Keeping meat warm

mm84321

If the oven isn't being used I like to cover with foil and place in there out the way of any draughts. Depends on the meat though and how much. A steak or piece of chicken might need a warm plate as well. A platter of BBQ will keep itself warm under foil.

Good ideas. Thank you.

Where is that 'Like Button' when you want it ? Nice one mm

Martial.2,500 Years ago:

If pale beans bubble for you in a red earthenware pot, you can often decline the dinners of sumptuous hosts.

I took one of the suggestions Dcarch mentioned for a few woodcock I cooked yesterday. While they roasted in a 300F oven, I had a stainless steel plate warming on the bottom rack. Once they finished, I removed both pans from the oven, and let the birds rest on a rack that was not pre-heated (just left above the stove). After carving the birds, I put the breasts and legs on the warmed plate, skin side down, tented loosely with tin foil, and let it sit on top of a convection oven that was pre-heated to 200F (to warm the plates) while I made the sauce. It worked out very well.