• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

PBS "Mind of a Chef" – Season 1, David Chang

LindaK

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

in my area the PBS WGBH sometimes shows a few Friday PM sometimes not. sometimes Sat noon-ish, sometimes not.

so far they have broadcast 8 of 16; 1-6, 115 - 116.

go figure.

ps they put the opera stuff in the Friday PM slot that sometimes had two Mind shows in my area. look into Sat programming instead.

Edited by rotuts (log)

• 2 weeks later...

I guess because of the Storm, which by the way was impressively significant,my PBS did not show the regularly 'scheduled' Cooking shows this Sat,

:huh:

so no new MindChef

but I Throw Down the Gauntlet to all Aficionados of Chang and the Moto:

who has made the Hawaiian Punch pork belly? its in an extra at then end

as Chef says: Hawaiian Punch is FDA approved Red Color and Sugar!

some one need to make this. there are two other ingredients but Ill leave that exploration to you!

Edited by rotuts (log)

• 1 year later...

I think that eight episodes works better than sixteen. I thought the 'half seasons' that Sean Brock, April Bloomfield and Edward Lee got were more focused than Chang's. The Chang season seemed to revisit the same ground a lot. And this coming from someone that has really enjoyed everything the show's had to offer so far. Not knowing any of these people in person, I have no idea if the show reflects their ... characters but I think that the show has done a really good job of exploring and differentiating their personalities. 

• Like 1

Chris Taylor

Host, eG Forums - ctaylor@egstaff.org

I've never met an animal I didn't enjoy with salt and pepper.

Melbourne
Harare, Victoria Falls and some places in between