• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

A woman CAN have too much spaghetti sauce: what to do?

Darienne

DH, Ed, has made his 'signature' spaghetti sauce. Enough for 28 meals for 2 people. We won't even live long enough for eat it all. A friend came for lunch today. And we ate it yesterday. That's a bit off the top.

Should add that because we are in a condo we don't have all the necessary ingredients and thus he added only a bit of oregano and no basil at all. It has mushrooms and onions and celery. Tomatoes.

So I'm thinking a sort of Lasagna? or Moussaka? Something with tortillas?

Other ideas please. (no seafood please, we don't eat it.) Thanks :rolleyes: .

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

Yep, I'm with the "freeze it" folks. You can freeze at least half of it in small portions - say about 2 cups - in plastic freezer bags that will lie flat and that you can stack.

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.

Yep, I'm with the "freeze it" folks. You can freeze at least half of it in small portions - say about 2 cups - in plastic freezer bags that will lie flat and that you can stack.

My omission: We have only a very small freezing unit in the condo fridge and won't be here long enough probably to eat all the sauce. The freezer has also pulled pork, Hot & Sour soup, enchilada makings, frozen meat for the dogs, etc, etc. And TOO much spaghetti sauce.

Thanks for the ideas, eGulleters.

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope.