• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Outlaws Seafood and Grill at The Capital

IMG_3176.JPG

I'm surprised no one has posted a review of Nathan Outlaw's new opening at The Capital Hotel. Its well worth a visit.

Its not cutting edge fine dining, but you can have a taste of Outlaw without the cost of a journey to Cornwall.

We went about three weeks ago and can recommend it.

Nathan's Great British Menu dish, which is on the menu.

IMG_3200.JPG

"So many places, so little time"

http://londoncalling...blogspot.co.uk/

@d_goodfellow1

I haven't been yet, but I'd love to know what the concept is here; it seems to fall somewhere between the Cornwall experience as a mix of what Nathan does in the Grill and the fine dining proper. I'm a little confused to be honest. I know the title hints at it being slanted toward the Grill, but the Duck / Monkfish combo' suggests otherwise.

Actually, considering it's only a 25-30 cover room I'm not entirely sure why they didn't just go for the full blown fine dining experience; with the weight of the name and location I doubt it would have been that difficult to fill, in spite of the economic climate.

Reviews have been thin on the ground so I for one, as a fan of Outlaw, would genuinely welcome a little more info from those who have been.

Edited by marcusjames (log)