• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bohemian

babern38

I just learned about the "secret/private" restaurant Bohemian. I searched through the forum and found no threads or mention of it. I was wondering if anyone here has been and what they thought of the experience. Any hints on how to get a res?

I was there about 8 months ago... very underwhelmed by it... It was really cool to be in a "secret" place, but once we got over that, that was it. I thought the best part about it was their toilet (they had a Toto washlet with built in massage function). My friend got the resy by emailing them, they got back to him a week or two later with a choice of dates/times. For the most part, the menu was ok - nothing was bad, but nothing was standout great either. The service was weird - the waiter would disappear for large blocks of time at a time, always when we happened to need something - more water, another drink, etc. Also, the table we were seated at was more like a cocktail table rather than standard table - so it was very low, and uncomfortable to eat anything other than a snack at. But that's the majority of their tables - they only have a couple of tables that are standard tables. I got their card as we were leaving, but I don't know what I did with it - I think I may have thrown it out after my wife and I decided that we didn't want to bother giving it another shot.