• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chinese bbq ribs

kingchristo

I think this has been discused before on here but i carnt seam to find a good recipe im looking for a recipe for the ribs you get from the chinese takeaway all the ones i have tried on the net taste nothing like the ones im used to. Going to different takeaways and restaurants they seam to taste pritty much the same. Hope i can find the answer on here

The Chinese takeaway where?

They are different in different parts of the UK* and certainly different from anything you will find in China.

I think you will have to be a bit more specific if you want a sensible answer.

*I'm guessing from your accent in another post that you are from the UK

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

Try describing the ribs in more detail, or/and post a photo as rotuts suggested.

Otherwise, we are working in the dark and you will get no meaningful reply.

Just telling us which part of the UK you came across them is not helpful at all. There are many ways to cook ribs.

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto