• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Help! Looking for item. Long cylinder cutters.

jfresch

I am looking for a set of long cylinder punches/cutters. They are metal and around 6 inches long with varying widths. The widths range from around 1/4 of and inch to an inch. Any idea what these are called and where they can be found? Thanks!

I've always bought mine at shoemaker's or leatherworkers' supply houses, where they're called cylindrical punches and where they come in a much wider range of sizes than you're mentioning. Other than that, perhaps specialty kitchen stores?

Elizabeth Campbell, baking 10,000 feet up at 1° South latitude.

My eG Food Blog (2011)My eG Foodblog (2012)

Still confused here. We have cylindrical leather punches and we use them for leather. The separate ones and the variable ones. How can you use them for culinary purposes? What are you making?

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope.