• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

rotuts

Home Coffee Roaster link

Wow. Mine consists of a $35 heat gun from Home Depot, two stainless steel bowls, and a wooden spoon.

no worries. if it makes great coffee for you, that's the idea!

Holy crow - laptops & sensors & heatfins - oh my!

I've been buying from redbirdcoffee.com - they only roast it when you order it - so that's fresh enough for me. And their espresso blend is the best I've tasted yet.

I order 5lbs at a time, which lasts about 2-3 weeks, and it works out to about 10.50/lb including shipping.

• Similar Content

• By Tammy
      I hope this isn't an idiot question.  But I have no idea what the differences are.  Please teach me.
    • By Bentley
      I had a request for a coffee flavored bon bon.  I am not a coffee fan, so I've never made anything with it.  I've seen two types of recipes - one that infuses the cream with the beans and one that uses brewed coffee.  I'm curious which type of recipe is used by most people here.  If you infuse the cream, are you straining the beans out or are you using a fine enough grind to not create textural problems in the ganache?  If you use brewed coffee, are you reducing the cream by the amount of the coffee liquid on a one to one basis?  Thanks!