• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Xilimmns

Breakfast! The most important meal of the day (2012)

395 posts in this topic

Sous Vide Scrambled Eggs with Sourdough Toast. It's becoming a regular these days. Lovely texture from the eggs. I followed Mr.Myhrvold's recipe using 2 whole eggs and one yolk, with grated gruyere.

photo 1_3.jpg

(NOTE FROM MANAGEMENT: This discussion is a continuation of the original Breakfast! topic).

Edited by Chris Hennes Added management note (log)

Nothing fancy; only ooey gooey goodness:

Soft yolk fried eggs, back bacon, spicy ketsup on toasted English muffin...

baconegger820.jpg

Dejah

www.hillmanweb.com

Yes please. That's the way to start the day!

Sleep, bike, cook, feed, repeat...

Chef Facebook HQ Menlo Park, CA

My eGullet Foodblog

Over-easy egg, country bacon, roasted sweet potatos with barbecue spice rub.

003.JPG

Followed by gluten-free pumpkin walnut bread, with sweet potato butter.

011.JPG

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

oh my kayb - just yum. that is all...

"Experience is something you gain just after you needed it" ....A Wise man

Wow. I love them all but I'm craving for that muffin with eggs and ham.

Xilimmns, I love sous vide eggs and the texture of those eggs looks amazing. Are those chives or thyme on the scrambled eggs?

Dejah, that sandwich is so mouthwatering, it is making me crave breakfast - and I just finishes dinner.

A few more breakfasts involving homemade corned beef

DSCN0141.JPG

DSCN0138.JPG

Welcome to eGullet Deb! Hope you are enjoying your summer. The cold weather in the Northern hemisphere makes me yearn for some ripe tomatoes.

Inspired by Dejah's sandwich below, I attempted to make one with what I had in my fridge:

Toasted Whole Wheat English Muffin, Fried Egg, Smoked Pork Shoulder, Cheese.

DSC_7818-1200.jpg

DSC_7819-1200.jpg

Methodist latkes, country bacon, farm egg. With locally-made apple butter (not shown).

016.JPG

Methodist because, well, they're fried in bacon fat (as was the egg). Not exactly kashrut.

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

What is it about oozy egg yolks that is SO damn delicious?! All of the above look great!

Seems runny yolks are becoming the "sauce of choice" on so many items offered on food trucks on Eat St. And yet, I've often been told I couldn't have a soft boiled egg at hotel restaurants. :huh:

7 more hours then I can have an oozy yolk! :rolleyes:

Dejah

www.hillmanweb.com

This is breakfast prep rather than breakfast: I made an extra-large bowl of mash last night so that I could make tattie scones today. Look out for them appearing here again soon.

DSCF1037.jpg

QUIET!  People are trying to pontificate.

Easy egg, mushrooms (again) and tattie scones:

DSCF1044.jpg

DSCF1045.jpg

QUIET!  People are trying to pontificate.

Percyn,

now that made me just laugh out loud.

Here is me going to post about , well never mind !

Those poached eggs, how do they do that?

Who cares how time progresses..

Today I am drinking ale.

(Edgar Allen Poe)

percyn, those all look good. If forced to choose, I would take kheema on scrambled eggs.

Mexican scrambled eggs, with roasted garlic and serrano chiles, tomato, white onion, cumin, and oregano, topped with more oregano and feta cheese.

p1048585066-4.jpg

What great combinations, Percyn and Bruce! All of them would be my choice any day. :rolleyes: I'll have to remember to work on these combinations next time I have leftovers.

Dejah

www.hillmanweb.com

Thanks Bruce and Dejah. Once you start making these, if you are like me, you may start intentionally saving some leftovers to make breakfast.

A few more of the most important (and delicious) meals of the day:

Skirt Steak w/Chimichurri and Fried Egg

DSCN0184-1200.jpg

DSCN0186-1200.jpg

Eggs Benedict - Ham and Seafood

DSCN0180-1200.jpg

DSCN0182-1200.jpg

Ham, Egg and Cheese Sandwich

DSCN0173-1200.jpg

Gorgeous breakfasts, folks! I have a couple to add – not nearly as yummy looking as y’all’s!

med_gallery_3331_114_65187.jpg

The toast is from a loaf of cheese and chive beer bread that I made from a mix – it was surprisingly good.

Sausage, eggs and potato pancakes made with leftover herbed cream cheese potatoes.

med_gallery_3331_114_227268.jpg

nothing like a fried egg with a crispy edge and soft yolk!

:wub:

mm84321,

Good to see you on this thread. What kind of egg is that? Looks like a custard or bisque.

More Fried Egg - this time with Chorizo and Hollandaise on an English Muffin. Sort of like a Mexican Eggs Benedict.

DSCN0209.JPG

DSCN0210.JPG

Breakfast Burrito - Chorizo, Scrambled Eggs, Salsa, Hot Sauce

DSCN0199.JPG

DSCN0200.JPG